Thursday, March 11, 2010

Interesting......Exciting

This morning after Aaron's first hood dive, I had something interesting to share. Now that we are at the end of the day, I have something exciting to share too.

INTERESTING

While we were in the chamber, Aaron leaned his head against the plastic hood and I gave him a kiss on his temple. He has done so well. You would think that he would panic with what I call a "George Jetson" on his head but as long as he has his binky sitting on my lap, he is totally content. Well anyway, when I kissed him, he looked at me, and leaned against the hood again for another kiss. It was so cute. We did that for about five minutes. I would kiss him on the temple, he would look at me, and then lean against the hood again for another kiss. Why is this interesting? This is the first time I can recall that I felt like he demonstrated he understood cause and effect. I felt like we were communicating if that makes sense. A precious moment....

EXCITING

Lately when put on his tummy Aaron has been turning over on his back. He used to just lay there and whine and sometimes eventually go to sleep. But for the last few days, he has been turning over on his back. Well I decided to put him on the floor at the hotel on a blanket just in a onsie so that he could feel his knees and elbows better. My baby kept trying and eventually turned from his back onto his tummy and has been doing it consistently all evening. I am so happy! Like my grandmother said, I have been "working like a Hebrew slave" doing ABR and we have this new ball rolling technique. He has been moving his pelvis a lot more and I think its because there is a lot more volume and space in between the lower part of his ribs and the top of his pelvis. When I post the pictures, you may be able to see, but when we first started his ribs angle vertically instead of horizontally and the bottom of his ribs basically touched the top of his pelvis. This makes it pretty much impossible for a baby to rollover, sit up, crawl, etc. I am so excited! Can you say MOTIVATED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment