Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How Do I Get It All Done?

Sooo sorry for such a delay in posting. My initial goal was to post every week, but invariably I just didn't accomplish my goal. But the saying goes that "if you don't shoot for anything, you will hit nothing". So I press on trying to carve out time to get everything done. Before Aaron was born I worked full-time or so I thought. Even though I'm working my job part-time, I work longer and harder than I ever have. Six hours of sleep is the goal every night and I'm so proud of myself if I make it to bed by 11pm to get back up at 5am for ABR therapy. Aaron didn't catch on to the nursing thing very well so I had to start pumping. I was determined that he would get the same benefit of breast milk like his big sisters. But since he has special needs, I decided I would make sure he got breast milk for at least 2 years. Boy did i underestimate how tired I would get of pumping everyday. At 2 hours a day, that's 14 hours a week! A part-time job by itself not including 15-21 hours of ABR, 10 hours of FHC, other therapies, etc. I am so much more appreciative the little and big things in my life now. Ten more months until Aaron is two and I can exhale a little bit. Have to go but look out for the next post about the status on his infantile spams.

No comments:

Post a Comment