Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Introduction


Welcome to Aaron’s blog. Aaron was diagnosed with Monosomy 1p36 when he was about 5 weeks old after being hospitalized for failure to thrive. 1p36 is a microdeletion at the tip of chromosome 1. Prior to a few years ago, the technology did not exist to detect this abnormality, so there are only about 100 documented cases in the U.S. Today Aaron is 9 months old and we have gone through many trials and tribulations with all of the complications and challenges that this brings. I started this page some time ago but have not posted because I wanted to start with “his story” but I just cannot carve out the time to get it done in a timely manner. It is my hope that this blog will enable those that love and care about Aaron to have a way to keep up with his progress and also be a blessing to any other families that are faced with the challenges of raising a child with 1p36. Eventually I will post his story but I just wanted to get started. There is so much I want to say and share. It seems just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital and I'm realizing that time goes by very fast. So I will go ahead and start posting so that I don't lose a lot of information as time goes by. In the meantime, here is more information about Monosomy 1p36.

No comments:

Post a Comment